This Brazilian Smoked Picanha Recipe is a tender, juicy piece of heaven that is a proven crowd-pleaser. This is one of Brazil’s most famous cuts of beef, so if you’ve never had it before, it’s time to experience one of the best bbq smoked steaks you’ve ever had!
- 3 lb Picanha Steak Culotte
- 3 tbsp Beef rub
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or granulated garlic
- Place the Picanha with the fat cap side down and rub some kosher salt over the surface of the meat.
- Refrigerate the Picanha for 90 minutes.
- Preheat the smoker to 180°F.
- Cut the fat cap in a criss-cross pattern while the Picanha is still chilled.
- Mix your simple dry ingredients together to make the beef rub.
- Sprinkle the dry rub all over the cut of meat, making sure to cover all sides
- Place the meat in the smoker, making sure it’s placed with the fat cap up. Cook Picanha like this until the internal temperature reaches 110°F.
- After getting to that point, raise your smoker’s temperature to 450°F and let the Picanha smoke until it reaches an internal temp of 125°F.
- After this point, you should take your meat off the smoker and wrap it in aluminum foil, as it will continue to cook for a little bit. Rest it for 20 minutes. This way, you can ensure your Picanha will be a perfect medium-rare.
- Unwrap the smoked meat and slice it against the grain.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and sauce – chimichurri sauce goes excellent with Picanha!
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Rest Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 277kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 48g
- Cholesterol: 125mg